You must make prototypes of your service to explore, share and test different designs before you commit to building anything.
You can quickly make and test multiple prototypes and discard the ones that don’t test well.
Making prototypes is important because it:
· improves the usability of your service
· helps you to make sure you’re building the right service for your users
· helps your whole team to get a shared understanding about the future of your service
· allows your team to explore design ideas much faster and at lower risk than using your production code
When to use prototypes
You must use prototypes in the alpha phase of your service to explore and test different approaches to the design of the service.
Continue to use prototypes in the beta and live stages of your service to explore potential new features or improvements.
Types of prototype
Prototypes can vary in style from a quick pen and paper sketch to a code prototype that works like a fully interactive website.
You should use the prototype that best meets your needs at the time.
Sketches are useful for exploring and discussing basic ideas with colleagues.
Code prototypes are better for user research because they’re more realistic.
Using code prototypes
Prototypes built in code can look and behave are the best approach if you want to test realistic interactions that a user has with your service.
The advantages of prototypes built in code are that:
· they look and behave almost exactly like the real thing, on mobile as well as desktop - this means users you test with are less distracted
· you’re always aware of the constraints of designing for the web
· it’s easier for the whole team to have a shared understanding of design ideas
The code in a prototype doesn’t need to meet the same standards as production code. For example, it doesn’t need to be secure or to perform well with large volumes of traffic.
The point is to test ideas as quickly as possible. If an idea tests well, you may want to work with a developer to make your code a bit clearer so that it’s easier for others to work with.
Copyright © 2001-2018 HY Prototype all rights reserved
Tel：+86 0755-23203879 E-mail：email@example.com
Address：Bolck c,No.12,Xinfa East Rd,Shajing,Bao'an,Shenzhen,Guangdong,China 518104